View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkxoxo View Post
Thanks so much for the advice. I am definitely going to start soaking my feet. My foot has been healed since January and it is now almost September. So I don't think its a delayed reaction. I think I just have it in a mild form. I consider myself very lucky to have mild symptoms. But they are still there. I commend people on here who struggle with this everyday and suffer. Like I don't want to go through all the testing and doctors visits but I want to be diagnosed so I can ask questions. Will a future injury set it off to be worse? What about having kids, how will the process of being pregnant and all the bodily changes and giving birth affect my body? My parents claims I worry too much about it but I just am more curious. I was perfectly healthy before this. And now I just feel not right all the time. Not horrible just not great.
AMK I know this sounds relatively hollow because your world seems turned upside down - but you're absolutely right in considering yourself lucky to have mild symptoms.

That doesn't mean you just chalk it up and deal with it - it means you search for your answers and gradually figure it out yourself by gathering as much information as possible and applying it. Which is what you're doing

As far as the future is concerned - visualize it in a positive light, but don't live there. Easier said than done, but worrying about it is part of why the present is what it is. Be what you can now and the future takes care of itself. The past works the same way. Living in the past will compromise you now and later.

I am very much like you in how I view the medical establishment. However, that shouldn't take away from the value medical research or a good doctor can provide. The bottom line is that the placebo effect is a fact - so if your GUT doesn't trust what they're recommending, don't roll the dice and try it - so kudos to you for that.

For what it's worth, so you at least have anecdotal evidence: I've had all kinds of injuries after recovering from RSD - cuts, bruises, pulled muscles, etc - no issues whatsoever. As far as pregnancy goes, there are reports of pregnancy causing remission in some cases. It's certainly not unheard of for someone with RSD to have a child. For a personal report on pregnancy/RSD, Catra has a great thread going on that here: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread205253.html

All the best to you!
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (08-28-2014)