View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4Rzeznik View Post
I was just recently taken off Lyrica after 3 years because of the side effects I was having. Yes, it helped the chronic nerve pain i'm suffering from after a double fusion thanks to a drunk driver, however the side effects changed my whole personality. I went from being functional, happy and physically fit to non functional, severely depressed, suicidal thoughts, major weight gain, rages, and blurry vision. I was taking 300mg a day, started in Dec 2009 and barely left my bedroom after that. I kept it dark and slept almost every day. I was dying inside. So now, since my doctor did not taper me off the drug, I am having major withdrawals. Panic attacks, vomiting, severe pain, crying over nothing, legs feel like I am walking with concrete boots, insomnia and burning. The good news is the depression seems to be lifting (no suicidal thoughts), my eye sight is back, and I've dropped 6lbs in a week. I feel like i've lost 3 years of my life because I did not know what was wrong with me. I will definitely be more resourceful next time before I just trust a dr and let them put me on a medication. I told all of my drs about the depression and suicidal thoughts and not one of them attributed it to the lyrica. I felt great for awhile, I think it took 6 mo to start the downward descend. My new dr thinks it could take up to 3 mo for the withdrawals to stop because it is such a powerful drug. My prayers go out to you if you are struggling with this.

I'm going through the exact same nightmare that you described and I'm 10 weeks off Lyrica. I'm having terrible anxiety, panic attacks, and insomnia. I feel nothing like myself.... Like I'm going crazy, literally!
I'm am getting really discouraged feeling like this nightmare will never end. I read your post and was hoping you could plz tell me in retrospect how long it took you to feel like "yourself" again? =(
Thanks in advance.
Hope_floats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote