View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I did think they had very effective music on BSG, with the battle scenes and everything. Also remember that strange melody they kept hearing was the Hendrix's Watchtower.... "There must be some kind of way out of here...."

I like to watch the reruns, but yeah it's nice to see something new every now and then. I've seen most of Star Trek, multiple times, lol. I never saw the prequel series. I also have not seen Stargate. That's the problem with moving away from the US. The regular channels here run some of these things, but usually by the time I discover the time slot, they've gone through most of the series, and then they stop running it, or move it.

Also not all the channels provide the original audio. At first, they were all dubbed. When I first found Star Trek here, and wanted to watch the reruns, I couldn't understand a word of their translated technobabble! They'd say something, and I'd have to stop, deconstruct the terms, and ponder the parts, then 5 minutes later would be like, "OHHH yeah! Photon torpedos!" Then, having missed several minutes of the show, I'd try to tune in again and only to get blasted right away with another piece of unindentifiable flying verbage.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Stargate -- sounds like I might like that, since you do, LOL.

Hey, do you ever watch Doctor Who? Now there's one you might like. I like the old and the new ones. The new series is still running. I haven't seen much of either one though, so I've got some viewing space just with the old material. They run it here but they've moved it around so I haven't been able to catch it. Also that channel doesn't have original audio which kinda bites.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (08-26-2014), Mari (08-26-2014)