View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Issues with speech are quite common after TBI. It sounds like you are struggling with aphasia and/or apraxia. In either case, you should ask your doctor if you would benefit from speech therapy.

A speech language pathologist could also work with you on Attention Processing Training (APT) to help improve your focus and concentration.

You may want to be examined by a neuro-optomologist to see if you might require any therapies related to vision issues.

While evidence is growing that the injured brain can continue to improve indefinitely, it would appear that cognitive therapies are most efficacious in the first two years post injury.

As a person who benefited enormously from therapy, I believe in advocating for treatment, not simply waiting to see how much one improves spontaneously.

anybody else have anything to add? I must say, it is VERY debilitating to go through life with a constant headache. It is not as if it comes and go when I am tired...the headache is there all the time. constant. very frustrating.
Willgetbetter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote