View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There IS hope and healing for us!!

I am back to work full time now for seven months after I was injured Valentine's day 2012. I am able to do my psychologist job OK, although I am still on medications and have regular check ups with my workers' comp doctor.

I still have residual memory deficits, but they seem to be fading. I find that I struggle with encoding long-term information, and really have to work hard to recall stuff that would have been easy to remember pre-PCS and TBI.

All the treatments worked - these were chiropractic, medication, neurologist, psychologist, psychiatrist, meditation, vitamins, prayer, rest, rest and more rest.

Some of it is just time to keep on resolving. You will make it!!!

Suffered a patient attack on Valentine's Day 2012; kicked in the head resulting in severe concussion. 50+ professional woman on leave from psych hospital job. Recovering from dizziness, nausea, sequential processing deficits, headaches, sprained neck, memory loss, mood fluctuation, fatigue, and general malaise. Treatments: MD, Neuro MD, Physical therapy, psychotherapy, medication.

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it;
I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jer, 33:6
Laura G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JuliaBertha (08-27-2014), Lara (08-26-2014), poetrymom (08-27-2014)