View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleadl View Post
Basically when I feel pressured to retrieve information & apply it to a situation. It especially acts up when I am anxious (presentations, interviews).

Does anyone have any advice, nonprescription medicines or general information about overstimulation? Will it ever get better?
YES it does get better. I had one episode two years ago when I went to a baseball game and the whole concrete area in the bleachers was painted a ghastly red paint that just shocked my nervous system. I had to avert my eyes up into the sky to keep from feeling nauseated; fortunately I also took my ear plugs and that helped to dampen the stimuli from the noise of the game. Turned out enjoyable.

You have to gauge for yourself, and pull back/get away from the stimulation when you feel jittery or nauseated or anxious. Know that it gets better with time, but your brain is healing from a bruise and no medication in my opinion can really help with the stimulation problem. It's kind of a symptom that lets you know how well you are improving.

Be gentle with yourself. You're worth it.

Suffered a patient attack on Valentine's Day 2012; kicked in the head resulting in severe concussion. 50+ professional woman on leave from psych hospital job. Recovering from dizziness, nausea, sequential processing deficits, headaches, sprained neck, memory loss, mood fluctuation, fatigue, and general malaise. Treatments: MD, Neuro MD, Physical therapy, psychotherapy, medication.

"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it;
I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jer, 33:6
Laura G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kaleadl (08-26-2014), music-in-me (08-26-2014), Sitke (08-26-2014), underwater (08-26-2014)