View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Attention Bizarre Pain Please Help!!!

Dear all,

I am so glad I found this community.

I was concussed 1 week ago by hitting the back of my head on the car door frame whilst getting in. I felt slightly dazed thereafter but there was no loss of consciousness.

The next day I started getting a strange constant headache on the left side of my head. The pain is moderate on the back part of my left side of my head, and there is a mild spreading of the pain to the back of my left eyeball (which has also become more teary). There is also mild pain on my left side of the back of my neck and upper left shoulder. I also notice a very very mild pain that has radiated to the back of my left arm, my left back and even the back of my left leg. The pain was at its peak 3-5 days after the concussion and has not been getting worse thereafter.

I am very confused as to why everything is happening on the left side of my body (and on the back of everything). I have been reading the previous posts but it seems that nobody else has this strange kind of pain. The pain is mild to moderate depending on the part of the body (not sharp or severe) and is a constant ache. The funniest thing is that the pain is just on my left side of my body. Also strange is the fact that the pain only started on the next day.

As a college student with exams coming up soon, I have to continue studying very hard because I need to score good grades to maintain my scholarship and education. However, I am experiencing some brain fog where I find it hard to remember things that used to be easy to remember.

Has anyone ever heard of similar symptoms happening? Is it possible that the strange pain is actually cervicogenic (caused by a neck injury) rather than a TBI? From previous experience, when do you think I will fully recover?

Thank you so much for your kind help and assistance. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Charlie
chgs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote