View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Paws View Post
We do use protective gear, but we are coming up to a fight, so she doesn't want to wear it. But, I think she might have a very hard skull or something,

I would like to know what is best for my friend?
The concussive trauma is from the brain bouncing against the inside of the skull, so it really doesn't matter if there is protective gear in use of not, nor does the "hardness" of her skull matter.

As others have stated, with 9 concussions what is best for your friend would be for her to find a different sport.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/trauma...ssion-overview
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote