View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default oh, there are so many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i assume you'll have to worry less about reduced l-dopa absorption due to eating protein, constipation and whatever else seems to mysteriously temporarily reduce C/L effectiveness. i know there are times when my C/L isn't kicking in and wouldn't it be wonderful to have inhaled l-dopa available as a way to troubleshoot whether it is something in your digestive system that's causing the problem? it still isn't going to help with AA interference crossing the BBB if you eat a lot of protein.

i doubt if side affects are less but theoretically you might be able to take less C/L if you know you can quickly "top up" with the inhaler. i think you still have to take carbidopa orally in the form of oral C/L. it's intended as a rescue drug like apomorphine, doubt insurance companies would pay for it to be your main parkinson's drug, plus i wouldn't want to inhale it 8 times a day.

i think it might reduce azilect and comtan THAT is prescribed to lengthen "on time" of C/L.
i've read somewhere elderly have problems with inhalers, irritates lungs too much? think i read that in an investor presentation by the company developing a competing tech, oral apomorphine which is a rescue drug.

which side affects are you referring to?
oh, my, I can start with the orange pee, the dizziness, those listed on every bottle from the pharmacy...

Was it you, ST, who said we only get 20% of ldopa that we eat? If that's correct, inhaling it will vastly increase how much of a 100mg dose gets to the brain, I would think. So while it may cost more, if we could get by with taking much less, because much less is needed because more gets to the brain via an inhaler, it may end up not being that much more expensive after all. Hope their Phase III is in our area
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote