Old 08-27-2014, 05:43 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAllen82 View Post
Mark,
I'm at a very dark place in my life as I went from a fully functioning adult to suffering from
constant panic and anxiety with no relief. I can't eat or sleep. I look to these boards for comfort especially when I see someone who has had similar issues after a concussion. It's hard enough to convince a doctor that this really isn't me so when I'm on the boards asking it's only to see what treatment has worked and to see if any progress has been made. It's not a comparison and I wish you would see it as such. I'm desperate. I understand one month is early but when you have been in fight or flight mode for 32 days, it seems that the body and mind can't tolerate too much more. I'm searching for help not discouragement.
I'm sorry you are suffering. You should see a psychiatrist regularly until you are out of the woods. Short term help i.e. Xanax until the long term stuff kicks In would certainly help your symptoms.
Getting doctors to believe the effects from a tbi is difficult, but be persistent in that this is not who you normally are. a psychiatrist who deals with tbi victims would be great but I know they are probably easier to find In the city where I live, but it doesn't hurt in trying to find one.
You will be ok again, there is no reason to suffer so much until then. Please keep us in touch.
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote