View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark,
I was in the ER twice for MRI, CT and labs (all clear). I've followed up with another psychiatrist and have a call into a psychologist. I am taking a low dose Zoloft in the mornings which I have just been on for a little over two weeks. I will say that I am much better than I was, but I still have hours during every day where the anxiety seems debilitating- don't even know where it comes from. Sometimes its there upon rising in the mornings. I'm not sleeping well so I think the two go hand in hand.

You seem to be very knowledgable and I appreciate the prior advice. I have been lurking these forums and was hoping you (and others with similar symptoms) could weigh in on advice and help. I don't know where to turn next. I was never like this before. It seems my anxiety and insomnia are feeding each other, but I don't know which one came first after the accident.

Could it be that the concussion caused the anxiety? I'm not experiencing any other symptoms, not even headaches. My vision is a little more blurry than it was and the ability to concentrate is gone, but I chalk that up to my anxiety. I've read that the first 4-6 weeks on SSRI's can be hell as they cause worsening of symptoms before getting better. I would love more input from you.

I know that God has a plan and I'm trying to have strength through Him. I also find this website to be of comfort, just to know there are others that have advice and their time to offer. It's been therapeutic for me in a way. I took this semester off from nursing school which was a heart breaking decision.

Thank you for responding.
RAllen82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote