View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Social Security Nightmare

I was preparing my info. for my case which comes up this June 20th at the DDS (Disability Determination Service). SSA gets there head chopping done by this private business the goverment has a contract with. They are local in your own state.

I have not gone down yet to see my file...I received the notice June 2nd. Still waiting for my lawyer to get in touch.

Sometimes you wonder if God has his hands in things because I got up today thinking...I need to find more info on "the erratic nature of PD and it's medications". This is one of the last things Kathrynne the Dietitian at PDF told me! And so I figure Google those words and see what pops up! This forum is at the head of the list.

And yes I was feeling better...yes I did tell my Doctor that...and yes I was an idot for being honest! I thought seeing there is no cure for Parkinson's and it's so progressive that there would be no possibilty that anyone could think I could hold a job.

I noticed my right thumb was beating to the music I was listening to when the music was done...my thumb wasn't. I didn't pay much attention to this seein I was doing a lot of landscaping and the hedge trimmer made my hands and forearms numb after 4 or 5 hours. A few months later the Thumb started to turn into a pill rolling. Now I am an internet junky so I start to look into things...yep I have Parkinson's. I didn't have insurance but my employer was trying to get it. This was July 1999. In Jan 2001 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's. In March 2002 I lost my job...April my employers insurance ended. Here in Rhode Island we have TDI (Temporary Disability Insurance) this is done by the state and they take a small amount out of paychecks to fund this. It gives you 80% of your salary and pays for your medical bills for 6 months. In Sept 02 I was on SSD but medicare will not insure for 2 years. (I believe this is how the goverment weeds out the smart from the slow. Your smart you find ways to contact people and stay healthy and alive. If you are mentally ill...old...or may be just a little lacking you will get lost end up on that states welfare system.) Goverment wins...citizen dies!

See I fell into this trap. NO ONE offered any help and for two years my handicapped wife (Schizophrenia-She was diagnosed 1 1/2 years after my twins were born. 25 years ago) my three daughters survived. At the beginning of that two year period I had tremor in my right hand and arm..Severe. One year into no medication no doctor visits I was drinking heavy and eating alot. I balloned up to 410lbs. Couldn't get out of bed most times...wife had to help. Couldn't hold a drink or even eat with out help. I was ready to die...I seen no future!

Well in that next year I got upset with myself...stopped drinking...lost 210lbs and at stage 3 Parkinson's. Severe tremor in both arms and hands..right leg tremor...gait...retropulsion...you name it. Sept 04 medicare covered. Seen my first nero in 3 years March 05. He starts me on Sinemet 25/100 4x. Good improvement and I continued with some level of improvement throughout until Aug.06. Now was up to 25/250 5x per day. I was having some off times and the Sinemet went from working 3-4 hours to 2 1/2-3hrs. AS of today I have some intense Dyskinisia, Dystonia, Anxiety and some Depression.

Now that should bring you up to the point of my intro to this forum and today. My question is what does the SSA and the DDS expect of me. Do they expect someone who is 52 years old with Parkinson's for 8 years at the max dosage of Sinemet 25/250 8x per day with part never full relief about 3-4 hours in the morningand 2-3 hrs at night to go out and earn a living with no medical?

I have a lawyer and my doctor said he would write a letter supporting my position and my mother in law is a retired RN with 40 years. She is going as one of my witness.

Well I will keep you all informed and Thank you for all your concern...Elliott
Elliott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote