View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
I am sorry you are feeling this way, I think most of us have gone through this with friends, family and even strangers while we battle something 'unseen'. Sometimes it can be harder on us to deal with the emotional aspects of this condition that the physical pain, I wish there were easy answers but unfortunately there isn't. The only advice I can offer is to consider seeking out a pain psychologist who you can talk to without fear of insensitive comments. We all need someone to talk to but sadly most friends, family can't handle this kind of thing for the long run. If you talk with someone that has endured the battle of cancer they will likely share how in the beginning everyone rallied around but over time.. that dwindled. It is not that people don't care it is just that we are programmed to seek out positive things in life and so overtime they drift away or just simply don't want to hear it. That doesn't mean they don't love you or don't support you they just don't have the coping mechanism as this isn't their personal battle.

Did you know that it is very common after an injury to need additional sleep? It is also very common to experience that if you are anxious or under emotional for physical stress? It could even be that you might be anemic or have something entirely different going on (or yes, it could be CRPS) so it would seem logical to seek out your GP or even Gynecologist to rule out other causes for those symptoms. As I mentioned in another thread keeping a journal of all your symptoms and activities might help you and your doctors put all the pieces in the puzzle in order to determine just was is causing these symptoms. In the mean time you might want to look at what you are eating, what you are doing before bed that may keep you from sound sleep, write down your symptoms and then try not to focus on them afterwards, jot down when you are being forgetful and if that correlates to a lack of sleep from the night before. Watch an inspiring or uplifting movie or read/listen to a good book.

There are many websites that help families/marriages cope with chronic medical conditions as it takes a toll on them almost as much as us. It might be a good place to go to help you get through this difficult time. It might shed light on how you can communicate with those around you so that you can get the support you need.

We are here for you also.. this is a great place to get support as we have all been through similar situations.

Be strong,
Tessa

Beautifully said, Tessa!
Jan. 2005 L5/S1 discectomy and Artificial Disc Replacement.
July 2011 removal of broken
Artificial Disc Replacement.
Woke up in recovery room with RSD Monster.:

Aug 2011 Stabilization of spine at L3/L4/L5.
October 2014 Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Lottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-28-2014), Phaedra (08-28-2014), RSD ME (08-27-2014), zookester (08-28-2014)