Thread: out of ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi mark,
look at my post from today titled "Dr. Forrest Tennant Pain Information".
At the end of his video and in his 2014 update he talks about how depleted our hormones get from constant pain and how people who DON'T feel relief from their pain medications can be helped immensely from taking the hormones we are missing. He said this can be evaluated with a simple Blood test, one vial. He explains it much better than I ever could. What is amazing is he said it can be as effective as Lyrica or Neurontin for neuropathy. He also said people can lower their pain meds or get off them completely when their hormones are balanced.
This was new and very hopeful info for me. I am 10 yrs into being treated for chronic pain so whenever I learn of something new, it is exciting and encouraging.

I had an appt with my pain mgnt doc today who knows Dr Tennant and will be seeing him at a conference next week. I showed him this info on hormones and pain control and he said he would talk to Dr. Tennant about it. He said he was not convinced but would investigate.

It is understandable you are so frustrated and feel at your wits end. How could you not with what you have endured. Mark, I too felt I could not go on before I went to this pain mgmt doc 10 yrs ago. He completely turned my life around.
I tell him often how grateful I am and if it weren't for him, I would be a sad statistic.

My doc also mentioned a new long acting drug but the name escapes me right now. I will find out if you are interested. The only negative was that you had get off all other drugs and only be on that one drug...I was not prepared to do that so kinda stopped listening.

Glad you joined this forum. Pain, illness, being stuck inside is so isolating and this is a place where folks understand that.
Take care, Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Johnsonsyard (08-28-2014), PamelaJune (08-28-2014)