View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:48 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy1012 View Post
Am I the only one feeling ****** off at the medical world for abandoning people who are concussed? I mean seriously, there is absolutely nothing that can help us unless there is a serious brain injury for which there are partially working therapies! Heck there are still no machines to scan our injuries leave alone treating them. Shame on our so called modern medical community who has been continuously being so ignorant and arguing towards poor concussed people telling them it's all in their minds and disrespecting us...No courtesy or empathise our pains..we are left alone to grieve cry and heal on our own..beg others to just believe us and understand..we don't expect any treatments just believe us..it's sad.

It's even more disappointing considering that concussion is the most common injury on this planet..why is this happening? Just because our injuries are invisible doesn't mean nothing had happened with us. We had a bloody head trauma. My neuro offended me by telling me that I should lose weight and nothing is wrong with me. We come to you hoping that you will understand and explain others our situation. Unfortunately most of the doctors have been like this so far in my concussion journey. Screw you doctors! We are better off without your help. You losers make us feel worse.
Also I have struck gold with a young physician's assistant who told me the mri they use won't show any of the injury I have, but he believes me and he is working with me as best he can. He is already helping me sleep after 8 years of insomnia/half sleeping.

Young professionals tend to be more up to date and modern in their thinking and knowledge. Seek them out. There is also a vision test I took that indicated damage to 3 different parts of my brain, and when I confronted another doctor on the results, he said "oh yeah, that is organic damage we cant see" So I basically made him admit negative mri was wrong.

We have to advocate so hard for ourselves because I have no intention of living the rest of my life feeling like I do right now.
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-28-2014), poetrymom (08-28-2014), Slg1 (08-28-2014), thorx89 (08-28-2014), underwater (08-28-2014)