Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI SUE,
I AM FEELING YOUR PAIN FOR SURE. I ALSO HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS OUT IN PUBLIC WITH THE QUESTIONS AND THE STARES AND I ACTUALLY DID LOSE IT ONE DAY AND YELLED IN THE MARKET AT SOMEONE TO 'TAKE A PICTURE'. I STOPPED SHOPPING AND SENT MY HUSBAND FOR MANY YEARS. AND YES IT IS RSD RELATED
OPPS, SORRY I AM TYPING IN CAPS ...
okay, so yes, constant pain + lack of proper sleep + brace + idiots = panic attacks at times.
i have gotten past it and now ignore people when i do go out but going out is harder now, so i do not market or do anything where i stand too long or walk too long. i was on tranxene every time i had to go out though until i got past it. how i'm not sure, i just did.
i also have grandsons ... six ... and they are always here, and i do mind the 5 year old on tuesdays, and the 7 year old on saturdays, and i have a 14 year old living with me right now because he is a 'problem' and i am the one best to deal with him right now. i am exhausted from it all but i would rather keep busy and hurt. some choice, eh?
i read on another thread about how to play with a child when we have rsd and it was very good ... she said to use the computer and play games and i do and i play cards and board games and sit on the floor with castles and such ... i am not a gramma that can run and play ball, my grandsons have all become used the that, and are very accepting. the older ones are also very loving and helpful and have learned much about empathy from it all. i have been rsd for almost 12 years now. so most of my my grandsons do not remember me as i 'was'. they only know me as i am, and as i get worse ...
i think the emotional strain of rsd is the hardest thing to live with. my mind says 'go' and 'do' and my body stops me in my tracks ... it is so so hard.
and i saw you say your husband is also disabled ... so do you have to take care of him too? my goodness.
there comes times that we have to learn to say .... i would like to do that but i no longer can ... it is when we have no more spoons! i have learned to do this. some accept it and some are not happy with it ... like my mother and my husband but i can only do what i can and no more.
so, you are not alone. you have me and other here and we all understand .. we understand all too well.
joan