View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 06:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Symptoms and concerns!

Hello - I found this link from a wiki page. I'm a woman aged 55, who was struck by a car (that didn't stop) while riding my bicycle without a helmet. Also, I have suffered as a child two concussions, one that landed me in a coma for a couple days. My bicycle accident was 1 year ago, 8/5/13. I had a cat scan and was told they wanted to operate, but couldn't as the location of the fracture was behind my right eye, so they couldn't get to the site. I did lose consciousness, briefly at the accident site. I reported to the ER after my son insisted, hours after the accident. My neurologist, whom I saw about a month afterwards, said I may suffer from the side effects of my closed head injury, which was the same as a open head injury, for months or years.
Ok. Thank you if you are still reading. I started having frequent falls, a drainage from the left nostril only of something cloudy to clear that is increasing in frequency. I still have problems with bursts of anger, forgetfulness, and my R eye is still problematic. That's just the bigger stuff. I'm concerned if the falls and discharge could be from my head injury still they started about 3 or 4 months ago. Any constructive thoughtful comments are appreciated. My internist is at a loss as to why the falls are occurring. Thanks.
Saraswati1013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (08-29-2014), Lara (08-28-2014), tamiloo (08-28-2014)