View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I did it!

Yup, just about 5 years ago I started having unexplained seizures. I took a whole lot of poisonous meds that didn't work, and eventually got tested for a gluten allergy (through enterolab.com---after it came back positive I got the blood test from my doctor and that came back negative) I got on the web and read some info written by you, and decided the soy, corn, and dairy had to go. 2 weeks after going gluten free I had the craziest, most intense, strange dreamlike seizure I have ever had. That was 1 yr and 8 months ago, and not one seizure since. (I was having about 1 every 2 months, and they were getting more and more frequent) I am still on meds, Dilantin and gabapentin, but I was on the same mix in the same amount, and having seizures. Now I have reduced the gaba by one pill every day, its been over a month and no bad effects. Today I'm starting to take one less pill a day, and I am not worried at all, I fully believe the seizures were happening from the diet. (to any concerned citizens out there, yes I have talked with my doctor extensively about this-he bet me a nickel that I was going to have another seizure, and damn do I want my money!) So Dogtor, you asked the million dollar question, why haven't other people tried it? I was surprised at the response I got when talking to other epileptics---I don't think anyone took me seriously. I don't understand because of how low my life had gotten while having these seizures, I would have tried everything--and I would think it would be the same for anyone else suffering from the same. Along comes an option, something that might help. All I have to do is change my diet for a little while, and see if it helps---if not, I go back to the ho-hoes. BUT PEOPLE WON"T DO IT! I really think it has to do with 2 things---laziness and addiction. Addiction to bad food that they think they can't go with out, and laziness because the solution is not just a couple of pills you pop every day. I urge anyone who is having seizures or any other health ailment, try the diet. Nope, it might not work, and if it doesn't you go back to whatever diet you want, it's not like anyone is saying cut your arm off, it might work. The worst that will happen is that you don't get junk food for a month. The best thing that could happen is that you get your life back. As I am lowering my meds right now I will keep checking in and letting people know how things go. I am very optimistic. Thank you Dogtor J---you are doing a wonderful service to a lot of people by doing what you do. I invite anyone to E-mail me with questions or comments, and Dogtor---if you need anyone to write out a testimonial, I'm all yours.
Binger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ktej4 (12-13-2008)