View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
My new neuro, whom I like alot but whose diagnosis of epilepsy I still don't believe, asked me if I'd consider having a VEEG. I said I wasn't sure. Then I saw Ellie's post, pics & blog. Now I'm sure: Hell will freeze over first before I do that.
Oh my goodness, no! I don't want my 'journal' to sway anyone from getting any diagnostic testing. However, I'd like to put out how it really goes so you can be better prepared. It's kind of like when the doctor is about to poke you with a needle and says, "You may feel pressure." No - it's not pressure, it's a needle stick.

Many in the medical care field feel the need to sugar coat things when it's really not necessary. It's worse when the experience is not what we were prepared for and we're left in discomfort and rather upset about the whole ordeal.

Even small things, like I should have been told to wear light cotton. I always wear fleece jammies because I'm normally anemic and just don't hold heat well. I didn't think I'd end up sweating badly or be on that exercise bike for 30 minutes. The fleece and sweat combo. caused me to break out in hives which then they gave me benadryl on the sleep deprivation night. That was un-fun!

Anyway, Heather, if you are unsure of your diagnosis this really is one of the better tests to get. But as mentioned, it is kind of a hit or miss. It seems like our brains know when they are being watched so they don't misbehave. Hehe.

Please don't let my Truth Tales sway you from getting your testing done, I'd honestly feel horrible. Just get the test done but think of my story and make sure you bring cotton pajamas, lots of entertainment providing gadgets, first aid cream, leave-in or spray conditioner (and a hat!), etc.

*hugs*

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote