View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I had been on Neurontin 300mg three times a day for over three years. It made me feel like a zombie all the time. I started using it before a surgery I had in 2011. Things I noticed over time was my memory became very short, I felt like I would stutter or stammer with my speech. I was somewhat dizzy, tripping over things. I was a mess. I wanted to get off of it for quite a while but was afraid of the pain it was helping me with. I also had the shakes all the time. My family felt as I did that it was something that needed to done also because I needed to be there in every since of the word.

I took the pills in the morning, late afternoon and at bedtime. At first I took away my afternoon dose all together because most of the time I would forget to take it. I then did every other day with the evening dose and then the same with my morning dose. I went of very faster than I probably should have but I had to do it. I am a full-time caregiver for husband who has MS so I needed to good for him. Also more dependable for my children and grandchildren.

I was able to adjust with my pain. I lost 20 pounds which made the difference with pain and getting around better. I have a really messed up back so I knew the weight loss was going to benefit me a lot. I did all of this in July and I am amazed at how much better I am doing

Hope all is well for you...look forward to hearing from you!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-28-2014)