View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
* I have idiopathic SFN and have had an oral glucose test, and the results were normal. It's something you should check out, but don't get your hopes up. There are many, many other possible causes. Did you get your B-12 checked. You might start taking supplements (methylcobalamin 1000-5000mcg per day).
Ron
Yes, had my B-12 checked as well as the more important associated methylmalonic acid. Here are all the tests or things I've had checked so far:

- Four MRIs brain to lumbar, no sign of MS lesions or stenosis
- Spinal tap - no sign of MS, Lymes or autoimmune issues
- Lots of bloodwork - full usual panel, full thyroid, and autoimmune work-up
- NutraEval nutritional deficiency work-up (low on some things, but not critically so. Am now taking an alpha-lipoic acid supplement)
- Hormone workup - other than elevated cortisol levels nothing out of whack

As of today, I took the Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. I became hypoglycemic 3 1/2 hours after I drank the surgary stuff and AFTER they had done the four blood draws. I wasn't happy about that.

I'm also going to take a food sensitivity test to see if I have anything in that realm that I have problems with. After that, I think I'm done. The only thing I won't have followed up on is the possibility that a virus is involved, like Epstein-Barr.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote