View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi AkDental,

I am so glad to read that you are aware of the energy meridians, magnetic field in the body, etc. People who are not familiar or in denial about this subject find it to be a bit "odd". Not me... I get it!!

So here's the thing with the dental implants and the flow of the energy in that area of his mouth. First there are implants that are made from zirconium that do not conduct static energy as the titanium do. They also are more resistant to certain bacterial biofilms compared to titianium. Both materials are considered bio compatible so most people do well with either one. You could have him tested for sensitivity to both of these. Are you familiar with the Clifford or Peak test? Or even kinesiology?

Yes, it is true that ideally he should wait until he is 18 or until his growth pattern slows down before getting the implants. However, that is not a healthy or wise reason to retain infected teeth because the longer those teeth are present the more bone loss will occur and the further the bacteria will spread. So not only are those teeth a health concern but once the bone is gone in that area, there is really no great solution to replace it. Which means he would not be a candidate for dental implants in the future. That would mean he would have to go with a conventional bridge which would entail cutting down at least one adjacent tooth on each side if not two adjacent teeth on each side. Or he would have to wear a partial denture.

One of the options is to remove both teeth, if the infection can be removed in it's entirety and healthy bone can be seen and felt, then have bone grafts placed to help encourage the growth of new bone. If the bone is badly infected, then the grafting would be done in a second surgery after the area has a chance to heal. The sooner this is done the better the outcome.

Because he is young, his own bone will be eager to fill in that space increasing his chances of having adequate, healthy bone for implants at 18 yrs of age. The replacement options for those teeth at this time would be either a removal partial denture, called a flipper or a maryland bridge. Neither of which cut down the adjacent teeth. Neither of these replacements are ideal for the long term and he will need to be extremely careful with eating. However, either one is only being used as a temporary measure until his growth rate slows down or stops and either one will provide him with the opportunity to have the implants later on.

It is imperative that you have a great oral surgeon, someone who understands the future plan so he can prepare and preserve the bone properly. It is equally important that you have a dentist who is experienced, skillful and comfortable in doing the maryland bridge. Not all dentists do these too often and you need someone who does. This dentist will most likely work with a great dental lab which will be equally important.

Oil pulling is great for the health of the gum tissue... but it cannot alter the bacteria that is residing inside those tiny canals in his teeth. Nothing can reach those or alter their contents.

Wisdom teeth that come in crooked or are angled oddly in the bone can cause bone loss and damage to occur to the second molar. So sometimes it is best to remove them. Regarding the upper wisdom teeth if the lower ones are removed.... all teeth ideally need a buddy to bite against. When they don't have one, they tend to drift down or up into the space where there use to be a tooth.

Are you familiar with Biological dentistry? If so, then you may be able to find a dentist who thinks similarly to you on the IAOMT.org website.

Bryanna

QUOTE=AKDENTAL;1092482]Dear Bryanna:

Thank you so very much for your reply and advice! I was told that he's too young to do post and crown, that he needs to be at least 18 before it's done. Is he also too young for implants? Something about jaw bones not fully developed. I have hear/read problems associated with implants also. Wouldn't the implants block the energy flow of the meridian? Wouldn't it be bad to have metal in the mouth that can cause magnetic field and interact with other signals that's flying around in the air around us?

I have read through lots of medical/scientific journal and papers since the accident. Most of them are difficult for me to decipher. I blame myself for allowing the RC. He is a very thoughtful and considerate boy and I couldn't believe I'm the one that kill the teeth.

Do you think oil pulling with coconut oil can cut down the bacteria?

May I also ask your thoughts on wisdom teeth? I'm taking my 18 year old to have his wisdom teeth checked, possibly removed tomorrow upon the general dentist's recommendation. I'm loosing faith in my dentist. I have been going with her for 20+ years. The fact that she thinks that rc'd tooth harbor bacteria is nonsense really bothers me. If the bottom wisdom tooth is not coming out straight, if it comes in horizontally or at an angle, is it reason enough to have it removed? If the bottom one is removed, should the top one be removed even if it's coming in straight? Do you need a counter force of the bottom tooth to keep the top one healthy?

Thank you so very much again. I really appreciate you time and advice![/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote