View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I started painting about a year after I was dx. I took art classes when I was younger and took a couple classes in college but never really had time for it. After I was dx, I had the time. For the past year or so, I haven't done much painting but have done lots of doodle designs and drawings. I found them easier because then I wasn't left with such a mess to clean up. Dang fatigue!

I learned how to knit a couple of years ago. An elderly neighbor told me how she knits and I thought it was a good way for us to get together and help her feel a purpose in her life, so to speak. It was wonderful! Not the knitting part. I didn't care for that very much. She would tell me all sorts of stories of growing up in NY in the 20's and 30's and about her life with her husband and friends and all the things she has done with her life. She is just an amazing woman!! I adore her. She moved in to a assisted living type place that was too far for me to get to and I don't get to see her often. We do keep in touch with phone calls though. With that said, she forgot to tell me how to cast off and I was home working on a dish rag (that's all I've made so far is dish rags ), so I checked out YouTube. There are plenty of how to knit videos on there that you could easily learn on your own. That is, if you are interested in learning to knit.

Never say that you are not creative. Creativity is not limited to the "arts" like drawing or painting. There many other creative avenues you can take that don't require drawing, painting, etc. Since you like to read, have you thought of writing or doing creative journaling. Since you walk daily, maybe you could take a camera with you and start taking pictures. I think once you find something, you will find that you are more creative than you gave yourself credit for.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (09-06-2014), LoveCats (08-29-2014), msarkie (08-30-2014), SallyC (08-29-2014)