Thread: New To Group
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyboys View Post
It's Federal WC does that make a difference ??
It's hard to find a lawyer that wants to deal with Federal WC (DOL)
There's nothing funny about any of this but,
the funny thing is the WC Dr. is the one that suggested I have RSD
My gut tells me it's RSD why else would there still be this much pain
Generally speaking, the primary difference between federal workers' compensation and state workers' compensation laws is the uniformity of each and the types of employees that can use these systems. While state laws differ from state to state, federal compensation standards can apply nation-wide for federal employees. The federal compensation structure runs off the Federal Employees' Compensation Act and, subsequently, the substructures of the Department of Labor.

For federal employees, compensation does not particularly vary in what protection the federal government will provide if an employee is injured. The federal system works similarly to the state systems when it comes to offering an employee compensation for time lost due to an injury, medical bills, and additional measures necessary to protect an injured worker's finances during their recovery. Federal programs may also be available for physical or rehabilitative therapy if this treatment method is needed.

In order to appeal denials, federal employees are provided with services under the Employees' Compensation Appeals Board, which can help employees challenge denials in a similar manner to state administrative courts. If the case is successfully appealed or if the original claim is accepted, the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs will charge the claim back to the employee's specific agency.

Believe it or not, there are quite a few attorneys out there who specialize in federal workers compensation cases. If I were you, I would use your favorite search engine and type in "federal workers' compensation attorney" and then your city and state and see what comes up.
LovesTerriers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (08-30-2014), Phaedra (09-04-2014), RSD ME (08-29-2014)