View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamd View Post
I'm up in Mn & I have had terrible luck w/pain management ended up weining myself off after 10+ yrs off strong meds b/c I was referred to one of those pay for scripts... Billed ins for dr services.. Never saw a dr only nurse practictioner... Tests billed never had done.. Out of state. Reported it to insurance & now I've given up. & i cant take pain & chronic fatigue ... I don't know where or what to do
Hi Pamd,

Before I began seeing a pain mgt. doc, my only info on them was what I saw on the news on the television. Something similar to what you describe. I was under the impression they were nothing more than a pill factory for people that did not have pain but wanted scripts for pain drugs.

When my PCP suggested that I see a pain mgt. doc, and referred me to a specific doc, I was very hesitant based on my perception of them from the news casts I had seen on TV.

I felt sure that my PCP of many years would not be steering me to some pill factory so I went. Best thing that I have done. I could not have found a more sympathetic, caring, doctor that listens to his patients and does whatever it takes to help alleviate their pain. My guy is a board certified anesthesiologist and board certified pain mgt. doctor.

Pain meds make me sick. He is treating me with nerve blocks that have been very beneficial to me.

It sounds like you are caught between two opposing types of pain clinics, those portrayed on the news and ones that are reputable but very reluctant to prescribed any oral pain meds.

I hope you can find one that is in the middle of the spectrum, one that is not only reputable, but will also prescribe the proper treatment, including oral pain meds if that is what the patient needs for restoring some quality of life.

Good luck to you.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote