View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Hi Laura,

Having gone through Lyrica withdrawal, I know how much you're suffering. Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

I was taken off Lyrica COLD TURKEY. (It's a long story, with an evil neurologist as the villain.) Even the drug manufacturer admits that should only be done, in cases of emergency, and in HOSPITAL. Lyrica withdrawal can be DANGEROUS.

Well, I was on my own. To make matters worse, I wasn't given anything else for my severe pain. So, I found myself dealing with all my untreated, natural ouchies AND the agony induced by withdrawal. It wasn't pretty.

For quite awhile, things got WORSE each day. In the end, I think it was over two weeks before the nightmare was over. However, the good news is that, once it was over, it was over. Lyrica creates dependency, but not addiction. Once it was out of my system, I didn't crave it.

I noted, with interest, that you did find you longed for Lyrica's effects AFTER you'd ceased taking it the first time. Perhaps a member with a better understanding of pharmacology can explain if this was a biochemical and/or psychological consequence of your rather excessive dose. I never felt any sort of buzz from my prescription.

I hope that your efforts to get off Lyrica is tapered, and taking place under close medical supervision. It might be best to be honest with your doctor about your dosing. You might also want to talk with a psychologist to deal with the emotional issues of withdrawal and drug management.

Hang in there.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote