View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 04:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Just thought I'd add my two pence worth.

Sensory overload is something I struggle with too. I've found it affects me most when I am told a lot of information which I need to process or a complex idea I have trouble understanding.
I've sort of started to identify when this starts so I can try and stop the other person.

For example, my boyfriend was explaining to me about different kinds of trick/magic wallets and how they all work. After a while I could feel a headache starting up and I asked him if we could stop talking for a bit.
I think I'd left it too late though, we were in town and suddenly I was overwhelmed by all the noise and sights and suddenly felt very emotional.

I had to close my eyes and sit down for a while until I felt normal again.

Has anyone found they can stop the brain meltdowns (as I call them) if they intervene early enough?

I had a very weird one a couple of days ago, not entirely sure if it was due to the PCS.
I had been sitting down for a long time on the sofa in a dimly lit room and went to cook in the kitchen. My kitchen has fluorescent tube lighting unfortunately
After a few minutes I suddenly felt dizzy and sick and there was buzzing in my ears. It was horrible, I'd never had this before, I felt like I was going to pass out, everything was spinning and I was shaking.

I went to lie down for a while in the dark and then I felt alright again, so I got up and went back in the kitchen to help finish cooking but immediately felt overwhelmed again (I think by the lights) and it all started again so I wet to lie down.

Do any of you experience these sorts of feelings with sensory overload? I hadn't experienced anything quite like this before.
Usually I just feel overwhelmed and the urge to be away from everything, close my eyes and block my ears and I struggle to talk.

I had drunk almost nothing that day though (this isn't unusual; I don't get very thirsty and have to make myself drink sufficient fluid each day when I remember).

I always feel like actually I'm fine and I'm making a fuss about nothing and then I have another brain meltdown
Abbilee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote