View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 05:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Diagnosed, prescribed, and left to suffer

Hi, I got this Beast in 2008 after surgery for Carpal Tunnel. At the time I was living in Northern Michigan (since moved much too cold in winter there!) I was under the care of a really excellent PM Dr Unfortunately I also had what he described as the most aggressive case he'd ever seen. To keep this short I'm now living in Southern Georgia my CRPS has gone full body, I've had an SCS implanted and removed (due to a MRSA infection) and sad to say my CRPS is as aggressive as it's ever been. I've been bed ridden most of the last 2 months only leaving my house for Dr.s appointments (after which my pain flares for at least a week)

I currently take a medication cocktail that is ineffective but essential since without it the pain becomes unbearable. Still drafts are torture and my body a patchwork of searing hot spots and frozen spots. I break into sweats sometimes full body at others in just one place or another.

My treatment options have run out since my PM Dr. doesn't do Ketamine yet and another Dr. that does told me my Medicare Advantage program doesn't cover the treatment since the FDA hasn't approved it for CRPS.

So here I am.. Diagnosed (I even had a Triple phase bone scan confirmation),

Prescribed with meds that seem to help less each day..

And left to suffer... Since the FDA hasn't listed Ketamine as a CRPS treatment my Medicare Advantage program won't cover it and even if they did until my PM Dr doesn't yet offer that procedure and travel to a Dr that does would even if it were covered would be very difficult.
picobill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (08-31-2014)