Thread: Went to UVA
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Phaedra! I am glad you had good results from going to UVA! I was originally diagnosed there, at the Pain Clinic back in 1991 and they were fantastic, so naturally I wanted to go back when I started developing RSD in other areas back in 2009/2010. Didn't have the same luck that go around. I changed from my employers insurance to my husband's insurance just so I could go there and it was awful. The dr didn't even examine me. I had long pants and long sleeves on so she couldn't just see anything ya know. She basically talked to me like I was a crazy little child and needed to talk to a psychiatrist...yeah, I was pretty angry when I left there!! Glad you didn't get THAT dr!!

I can't remember, where is your RSD located? Is it upper body and are they talking about stellate ganglion nerve blocks? I have had so many of them. They can be so helpful, but they can be risky too. When I was first diagnosed, they treated me very aggressively with SGB's and meds and put me into remission for many years...so because of that, I am a believer in them You just need to do your research, ask lots of questions and be comfortable with your decision.

Good luck with finding a lawyer in Lynchburg. The only one I know there that I dealt with personally, who I really liked, when my whole RSD ordeal started is Gentry Ferrell. I bit a rock that was in my food at a mexican restaurant (La Carreta) and after root canals, I lost my three back bottom teeth, got implants, bridges, etc. All that trauma is what caused my RSD to develop in my face in 1991. Anyway, $13,000 in dental/medical bills meant I had to sue the restaurant to get them to pay it all and I hired Gentry. I know he is still practicing, but not sure what type of cases he exactly takes now.

Good luck to you!!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (09-01-2014), Phaedra (08-31-2014), RSD ME (08-31-2014)