Thread: Where To Go...
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

(((Annabell))) Are you in the same home with your brother?

Quote:
...I don't think I know how to deal with it still but I know I have to find a way or it will just eat away at my life and my other relationships. Somewhere in ourselves, we have to find distance from them...
You are absolutely right dear heart. You have to distance yourself from 'toxic' people...you have to if you want any qualilty of life.

And therapy didn't help your brother, but it may very well help you. Life is just too damned short to waste it on ne'er-do-wells and problems we can't seem to fix. There is, honest, too much beauty in the world to waste your precious time here on earth. We can't always see the miracles around us when we're engulfed in emotional turmoil.

Stand up for yourself and love yourself. We can't change our pasts but we can try to feel better for our futures.

I'm very strange. I've taken to sticky notes on my mirrors. When I think of something about myself that I like, I write it down and stick it on the mirror and I'll be darned if there aren't quite a few up there. My favorite is that I was a good mom.

You and Ellie are too good to let the bastards get you down.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote