View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New to this forum

My daughter who is 30 y/o has OCD with ruminating thoughts. Possibly other issues as well. He mental problems started at a very young age. She has lived with me her whole life. I have not been able to get her the help she needs until she was grown and started getting into trouble with the law, crashing my cars, stealing and mixing meds with alcohol. She cant keep a job either. Its come to a head now. The state got involved and her probation officer and therapist are trying to get her into a facility long term to get her evaluated but its been a long process finding her a place. In the meantime she has been in and out of the hospitals this weekend because she is creating havoc in my home and threatens suicide, which she always threatens to keep me scared. There is a temp restraining order on her now to keep her out of my house so I had to kick her out on the street with no where to go. She lost all of her good friends so all she has is people who are bad influences.

She came back last night to get her phone and to pack a bag. She begged to stay the night but I stood firm and said no. She was shocked at my response. I think now she knows the jig is up. I told her that this was my bottom too and she had two choices. Do what she needs to do to get better or go to jail.

Court is Tomorrow because of the restraining order. She may go to jail. I told her therapist that she took my car and had an accident with me forgetting that her license was suspended. When her probation officer finds out, than my daughter is in big trouble. She needs to be accountable for sure, no doubt about it but again needs to be in a hospital for several months, not jail. If she goes to jail, that will really throw her over the edge as it would if it were me. Maybe that is what she needs.

I am a single parent with little family left as they all have passed away and the ones that I do have (2 brothers) are of no support to me. My daughters father is bi-polor and spends his life in and out of hospitals. I am an emotional wreck and can barely work. Im afraid I ma lose my job because of my stress level. Ive been dealing with her ongoing issues for so long coupled with a high stress job that Im a wreck. I tried meds to help me but it only made me a walking zombie and almost got into a car accident being on the meds. I did try several of them already. I have to dig deep to find the strength to keep her out of my house. A friend found this site for me because there is no one that truly understands what Im going through and hope that we can all combine our strengths to get through these hard times. I pray that its not too late for my beautiful daughter.

Debbie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-01-2014)