View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
I have had this experience many times, most recently just a few nights ago. My teeth were chattering uncontrollably and my husband had to get blankets and rub my arms and legs for a long time before it was under control. I understand what you mean about your back and stomach feeling tight. It is very stressful physically.

I have CMT, Charcot Marie Tooth, a hereditary sensory motor neuropathy and chills and ice cold extremities are part of the disease. My feet are usually freezing cold to the touch although I cannot feel them, and the colder they are it seems the more pain I have. I have to remember to keep them as warm as I can with wool socks and furry slippers. I make extensive use of electric blankets year round.

I have read your other thread and I am truly sorry that you have so much pain and disability to deal with and so little support. Neuropathy is a hard disease to diagnose and treat, often there are no treatments beyond some pain relief, and doctors are often unhelpful. Combine that with medical insurance problems and it is really overwhelming.
Thank you very much! Each and every waking momeent is a challenge.

Helen
mystifid2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote