Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Help Doc in Texas and I'm in VA ~ Bone graft concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Houston,

I'm not sure what the dentist put in that surgical area. There are several different types of medicaments that can be used. But I'm glad that the pain has gone away!

The area has to heal more before it can be determined if more bone graft should be added or not. Do you have a post op appointment with the dentist?

Bryanna
Tooth extracted 08/04/14 with bone graft in upper far left. This odor is disgusting out of my mind. I returned to surgeon on 8/11/14 with a dry socket. Doc irrigated, initiated bleeding, twice adding medicinal smelling medication (brown soaked paper?) that helped.

That smell was gross but the smell now is more along the lines of a water treatment plant, the original odor was akin to road kill, this is worse and sneezing makes the odor more prevalent.

I took three Z-pacs of antibiotics because I am traveling for weeks.
My left sinus throbs at a 2, but throbbing for days at any level is disconcerting. I need to know if I am okay because I do not feel okay.

My doc is in Houston! I'm travelling to NY and this is interfering. The weather is WET and chilly for a Texan. I'm almost four weeks into this and not where I think I should be in healing.
JosTeethHurt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote