Thread: Botox..
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was sent to the neurologist in May or June and he recommended Botox for my 2.5 year long headache.

He wouldn't guarantee any results, said it was a 50/50 gamble since my head pain is not typical of what is normally treated by Botox and that I would have to do 3 rounds before I could know for sure whether it would work or not work. Each round would end up costing me about $1000 after what our private insurance covers.

My physiatrist (rehab doc) really wants me to try it. My physiotherapist thinks its a waste of money.

The idea of Botox and the list of potential side effects freaks me out, especially given that every drug we've tried so far to treat my head pain has ended up with intolerable side effects, even weird ones that almost no ones gets.

I've heard quite a few people say they've been helped by Botox, but when they tell me what their symptoms were like before, they were more like regular headaches that came and went, not constant head pain like I experience.

So for now, I'm not doing Botox. I won't rule it out forever, but while this head pain is awful, I'm just not ready to do something that potentially could make it worse. Especially not for that kind of money. Not when I'm about to go for a vision therapy assessment and investigate that, anyhow. That will be plenty expensive enough.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote