Thread: Botox..
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The common possible side effects are readily available online, but I would suggest discussing them with your neurologist or whomever would be performing the injections for you.

I discussed them with my neurologist and he's "the guy" in the city that everyone likes to send their migraine patients to for botox because he's very good at the injections and has done so many. There are other docs in the city that do them, but none as experienced and he was very upfront about the side effects posted online and some others.

I don't want to get into them here, knowing the high levels of anxiety that some people can experience when discussing things like this, which is why I'm suggesting to talk to your doctor about it and decide if its right for you.

Right now, for me, I've decided its not. Maybe at some point in the future. But given how overly sensitive I've been to everything they've given to me up until now, it gives me pause.

And technically, I would not describe my head pain as a migraine or even a headache. Its head pain, that I've had constantly without a break for 2.5 years. To me, that does not qualify as a migraine or a headache. But what do I know?

Also, no one can find any neck injury or muscle issues. We tried cortisone and lidocaine injections with no improvement at all.

Best of luck.
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-01-2014), Mokey (09-26-2014)