Thread: Service dogs
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Everyone. Thank you for all the info on service dogs. I never knew they provided service dogs for people with rsd. That is really nice to know. I am disabled and have a placard but never thought of a service dog to help me. That's a great idea. Thanks to everyone here for letting us know about this option. I love dogs and have one that is a rescue dog. She is good therapy for me especially for my depression, but she is not a service dog. I've been wanting another dog and could use a service dog to help me walk and protect my rsd sites from people who seem to always run into me or step on my feet in the stores. Oh boy does that hurt! My rsd started in my hand but spread to my limbs and stomach. The only problem I'd have was holding the leash. I can't with my right hand where I initially got rsd, so I'd have to use my left hand which is also affected with rsd now, but not as bad as my right hand. I could make it work though. I have to look into that. Thanks again Tessa, Daylily and Supergirl for the great idea. I hope you are all doing okay and have a pain free as possible night tonight.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Supergirl123 (09-03-2014)