Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Another month, another update. Still learning about my neuropathy. What makes it better. What makes it worse. How to manage it with foot wear. And what my limits are.

Heel pain definitley better than when this all started. Worst pain seems to have moved into the balls of my feet and into my metatarsals. Best way to describe it would be a burning cramping pain. I'm not sure a word exists to accurately describe it which makes it difficult to explain it.

Rest really helps the pain and discomfort. If I can stay off my feet I rarely feel pain. Actually I feel best in the morning when I first wake up before I have to stand, walk, or stress my feet.

I've probably extended the time I can spend on my feet before the pain becomes unbearable. 10-15 minutes standing. 30-60 minutes if I'm walking. It's comparable to slowly moving your hand towards a flame. As you get closer it becomes uncomfortable, then painful, and the unbearable. That's how the pain builds up when my feet are stressed. Sitting down with my shoes off and I the pain and discomfort subside usually within minutes, but it's usually sometime before I feel comfortable trying to stand again.

General burning and freezing pain still don't bother me often. The other day when I did feel unusual temperature sensations it was limited to my toes.

Still taking supplements but have limited it to ALC, R-Lipoic, Multivitamin, COQ10, Magnesium, and Fish Oil and within the last week have put forth effort to improve my diet and excercise. I hope I can keep that up.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brogan (07-15-2017), echoes long ago (09-03-2014), hopeful (09-03-2014), Joe Duffer (09-04-2014), mrsD (09-03-2014)