View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Confused Pristiq ? Major Depression & TBI

I have had a history of depression...which really got worse after my husband passed away a year ago. Was finally improving was on Wellbutrin & Adderal (for ADD) but then this past March I had a severe fall...which gave me a fractured nose, wrist, & TBI...the TBI was diagnosed later...due to the fact the ER I went to didn't do a CT scan. Was having memory problems...some speech stuttering & slight gait problem. Then the end of the same month I had a grand mal seizure...with some further oral injury... but this time I was admitted (a different hospital) & throughly checked out. Conclusion was seizure from the TBI & medication. Was taken off the combination of Wellburtrin & Adderal & put on Keppra for seizures & now on Pristiq 50mg & Neurotin for the last 3 months. Not much improvement but psych dictor told me to stay at the dose & hang in there. The Neurontin has been steadly increased for sleep...now up to 900mg at night. I only get dressed when I have to...cleaning house & paying bills is impossible. Dr now wants me to go to psych therapy....so tired of being a mess...any thought on medications... Pristiq & Neurotin ?
nbentley97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote