View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default David I understand completely

I just want to warn you to explore ALL the choices and what benefits vs. side effects each can provide.

I am just curious about one aspect you state: 'Hyper-excited Brain receptor areas'....Are you sure THAT is where the excitement begins? It's like tracking any electircal short circuit...it's not necessarily in the BRAIN...it could be damage, continual or healing from the periphery to the spinal and on up...

The current mis-programming, or reaction from the brain to the stimuli it's getting from those external malfunctioning nerves...well, I don't know about you, but at times, some 'nerve-block' experiments do sound kind of nice, were they not so invasive. Anything that could change, block or simply turn-off the circuits for some bit of time, sounds delightful...even at times to the extent of actually KILLING the nerves so nothing is felt. I think Kmeb could have volumes to say about this if she's up to it..Think she posted that she'd be having some major tests this week.

Each step we take to control or deal with our pain, well, as you well know...has to be more than well informed. At times I feel as if we're swimming in a sea of medical and pharmacological ignorance.

In that, I mean we take an informed leap, only to find out later...no matter how hard we try to keep up with trends and problems...that what we've done was ultimately harmful... I feel like Seams Like Stitches...I do really want a CAVE! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote