View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay, and you didn't mention that you're also psychic . . . I had just pushed the "submit reply" button, checked to see that it went through and you were already there.

No, fall in airport was never in question as to memory loss. I fell on the front and split my lip wide open. At about 9pm that night I called the local emergency number because my face had become so swollen -- you couldn't tell where my nose ended and my mouth began! The doctor at the clinic said get here whenever you can. A friend drove me down to Ros Muc, about 40 minutes from where I live, and sure enough he had the clinic open for me. This was a Saturday, around midnight, in the remote west coast of Ireland! Anyway, he said I must have fallen outside because my lip was packed with gravel. He cleaned that out, gave me a tetnus shot and took my blood pressure: 205/185. I somehow think that had something to do with with blackout. Or as my indifferent doctor in NY said, "I'm surprised you didn't stroke out." The MRI showed that was not the case, and I have a new, truly wonderful doctor now. And am on BP meds.

Will keep you posted, for sure. Was supposed to have a sleep-deprived EEG this Friday, but cancelled it when I got wind of a surprise party my students are throwing that same day. What a surprise: teacher shows up staggering with exhaustion and hair covered with revolting gunk. Bad planning.

I'll do it next fall when I get back from the summer vacation.

Last edited by HeatherH; 06-06-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: wrong numbers
HeatherH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote