View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Salisha,

Feel free to ask me questions... that's why I am here

The molar with the irritated gum tissue needs to be re evaluated by your dentist. I would also suggest another xray of that area... and a panorex xray as well as this gives a much broader view of the anatomical areas around that tooth.

Regarding your sinus issues..... I know sinus problems are common in many people however, it is never healthy to have chronic sinus issues. It always indicates that there is something unhealthy happening and believe it or not it could have to do with your digestive system. Seventy percent of our immune system lives in our digestive tract. So if there is a constant inflammation in our sinuses or anyplace in our body that is irritating our immune system we could end up ill.

Have you taken antibiotics for your sinus problems? Do you take a probiotic supplement every day? What is your daily diet like... does it include sugar, soda, processed and refine foods? All of these non nutritious foods contribute to ongoing sinus and other health problems. I know you would like to get pregnant and I don't know if you are aware of any of this, that is why I am sharing this information with you.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salisha View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Well it's now 2 months since my extraction and the bad taste still persists, though more intermittently than before. I have been back to my dentist yet again, who still could find no problem with the now fully closed extraction site and suggested I contact my ENT dr. regarding a sinus communication (though this was not likely due to my symptoms) or any non dental issues as I do suffer from chronic sinus problems anyway.

As I'd only seen the ENT dr. a few weeks ago for a check up ( a couple of weeks after the extraction when the bad taste hadn't appeared yet) I called him to discuss the situation. He too said that as I was fine when I saw him, and that as there was only very non-specific symptom of a bad taste now with no other symptoms, he would advise a "wait and see" approach and suggested a CT scan of the area only if other symptoms developed.

Over the last week or so, I had been having some issues with sore gums on the same side of the mouth as the bad taste and the dentist prescribed some alcohol free, chlorhexidine mouth rinse to try and ease this. I've been using this twice a day for the last few days, making sure to floss carefully and brush the gum line gently but well. The gums have improved - all except one spot on the outside gum over the last molar (beside the extraction site) which is sore/tender when brushed or touched but doesn't hurt otherwise.

I'm now wondering if this is in fact where the taste is coming from? The tooth itself is not sore, just the gum. After my wisdom tooth was taken out, I was very nervous about brushing round the area beside it - could there be a plaque build up causing some problems here? Or do I have another problematic tooth starting?

Apologies for all the questions Bryanna, but I'm starting to feel like it's all in my head, as neither dentist nor ENT can suggest what to do next to resolve this. Dentist said to go back if the gums were still sore, but at this stage I'm at a loss as to what to say as they can see no problems every time they check and I feel like I'm just being a nuisance.

Thanks for all your help so far, everything seemed fine before this extraction and I really just want to resolve all this and put it behind me

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote