View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
Hi Zoo,
Thanks for the reply.
If it was a side effect how come this is happening now and not when I started my new dose two months ago??
As I understand it from the information given to me by my doctor is that not all side effects present them selves immediately. It takes a while for some medications to build up in the system an thus can cause side effects as the serum levels increase. What I did to determine what was causing my blurry vision was to note when it was occurring in my daily journal, also noting when I took my meds and then it was obvious that within 2 hours of taking the meds or using my bolus dose the vision was impaired. Sometimes I also notice it more in the mornings or if I have been while laying down. My doctor said that this happens because of meds pooling in the body and once we start moving the medications are actually better utilized as our muscles move it throughout the body through compression.

If blurry vision is your only symptom I would note it and discuss it with your doctor at your next appointment. If however, you have slurred speech, increase in headaches, clumsiness, blood pressure issues etc., then I would contact your doctor right away. If it is a side effect, then it may improve over the next few weeks as your body continues to adjust to dosing or new meds. As long as it is not a life threatening or psychotic type side effect then it might be beneficial to allow enough time for the body to adjust. All to often we stop medications because of transient effects before we reach the therapeutic dosage.

I do hope this resolves quickly.. it is so annoying!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
booklover (09-10-2014), eevo61 (09-05-2014), Lottie (09-04-2014), Russell (09-05-2014)