Thread: Sexua Anhedonia
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markneil1212 View Post
thanks dr. smith. It was actually the only symptom to start the DAY after the injury and never go. so it couldn't be the medicine.
I know that seems logical, but I also know that some things that seem logical—or illogical—to me often turn out to be otherwise. MORAL: Never assume.

Quote:
to one up that, my brain is rewired such that a dream about sex will wake me up with my arms and spine on fire!!!
Ouch! Man, that's just rude! It (again) makes me think of something hormonal—adrenaline? anxiety/stress?

Quote:
this is the symptom I dread most every day as it seems too cruel to be real and men dream about sex a lot more than I thought we did.
Sex Dreams Equal 8% of Adults' Dreams

Quote:
one doctor told me brain stem and thalamus are firing wrong signals at each other, another doctor told me the wrong chemicals are being released.
Chemicals are released when signals are fired, & vice-versa, so that could be two ways of saying the same thing.

Rhetorical question (for yourself—answer not required): Does sex before going to sleep have any effect either way?

I'm afraid I'm not much help either—jes' spitballin'/soundboarding here...

Has a sleep study been done/suggested? It may be able to tell what's going on (and where) in your brain during sleep.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote