View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well, Alright Then!

good for you, diana!!!

dr. charles brantigan is one of the BEST in the west, as they say. i know he can help you unravel this in the mile-high city. it certainly wouldn't hurt to make an appointment with steve annest or david sanders, too, since you're going to be there anyway and most health insurance plans will cover second opinions, especially when it comes to something such as this, which quite possibly could involve vascular surgery (i am in no way saying you are a candidate for vascular surgery, mind you...that is up to the big guns, totally!)

you want to make a measured decision re which surgeon you choose, and while you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 guys practicing there in denver, each does have his own approach, personality, diagnostic testing protocol and aftercare program (or lack thereof)... so if i were you, i would maximize those travel dollars and really check it out!

johannacat's recent thread on "how i chose my surgeon" (see "doctors and PT" sticky or use search function to find it) could be very helpful to you here; whether it puts you to sleep or keeps you up at night could also be a diagnostic clue as to whether or not you really, truly HAVE TOS and how badly you have it, diana

but seriously... TOS surgery is NOTHING to be entered into lightly as i'm sure you've gathered from reading this board. it's no picnic to recover from, there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will either lessen the amount of nerve compression or pain levels in your poor body, - especially if you've not had a timely dx, unfortunately - and in some cases, there can be not only little to no improvement but even a worsening of sx post-op. you don't hear about disaster stories, though, in connection with the denver docs, and i wouldn't worry about that. dr. brantigan has an excellent reputation.

most surgeons wouldn't agree with me on this, as they like to pump their pretty stats up way high (like their chests ). i am telling you this as a TOS patient, and one who has had the surgery at that. surgeons tend to minimize the recovery time, and they maximize the results of the surgery, in general. that is my opinion, and only my opinion.

OK, brantigan fans, you get to weigh in now...

(kidding! i'm only kidding and i'm not looking to start a battle of any sort here; i think we can all agree that there are 3 shining stars in denver. correct?)

how long are you planning to be out in denver? maybe i'll meet ya there; i'm overdue for a visit. i just love that place!

alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote