View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
hockeymom1998,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Your son's experience is not uncommon. I bet he has had other dingers that he just skated off. With this one, I suspect he has also injured his neck. Most chiros are too aggressive with upper necks. Your son's aggressive working out during the summer has not been helpful to his recovery.

I have twice had concussions with head aches that were chronic for 6 months or more. The last time, I learned how to relax and use ice to reduce the intensity.

Anything that causes his head ache to increase should be avoided. It is his body telling him to slow down.

If he is exercising to stay in shape for hockey season, his recovery should be his first priority. If he can not get control of his head aches, returning to hockey may be the least of his concerns. If his reading causes them to increase, his academic performance will be impacted.

My best to you both.

he is no longer working out. he was drafted and needed to be ready for camp. now he is not playing at all. he is down to one class a day. will the headache ever go away??
hockeymom1998 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote