View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagma1 View Post
Hello,

Not posted in a while as I went in to such a severe depression I couldn't function (suffered a concussion from a car accident in late March of this year)

I went from feeling "down" to depressed to feeling suicidal for 2 months, finally went out of the house in sheer desperation to see my Dr. who wanted to put me in the hospital (didn't want to go) and who increased my Anti-depressant which has started to work.

I have suffered from major depression for years, was on Wellbutrin which was a miracle for me and was stable for 4 years until the concussion.

Would like to know what others feel about suffering a suicidal depression (didn't end it all because of my children..) after a concussion and with history of pre-existing depression?

I am certain the concussion sent me in to a tail spin but several people don't believe it.

Thanks for any help, this is hell
The concussion almost certainly sent you into a tailspin. I have a history of depression, even sever depression. I was depression and antidepressant free until the concussion. Since then I have been depressed, from mildly to severely. The concussion was definitely the triggering event. Hang in there. I am right there with you. Not giving in for the sake of my son and other loved ones...

A quote I repeat often to myself is "Find a place inside where there is joy, and the joy will burn out the pain," by Joseph Campbell. I repeat it over and over and try to find even just a seed of joy to hold onto, like memories of my son. I also keep two crisis line numbers in my phone contacts.
Mimsies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote