View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I think I found my cure

Hello, all!

I have hopefully found my cure which is massaging and stretching my piriformis muscle.

Now, you may think that this means that I didn't have meralgia parasthetica, but maybe I misdiagnosed myself, maybe you did too! I had burning down the sides and backs of my thighs from sitting at my desk too much. The burning was for three years. Maybe the muscles in my pelvis were all tightened and constricting my nerves and causing MP? Who knows.

Finally some relief. How I discovered it was I finally took myself to a Chinese masseuse for some much needed relaxation. She was merciless! She happened to touch a muscle deep in my left buttock that literally made my entire leg twitch. She nudged it again to be sure and it did it again. She left it alone.

So I vaguely remember something about trigger points and someone posted that myofascial massage is a cure for meralgia parasthetica, so I look up myofascial massage and sure enough twitches are a sign of trigger points. So I figure out what muscle it was and do massage and the pigeon toe yoga pose. Also the one common stretch on the ground for piriformis except on a chair because I couldn't do the full stretch.

It felt wonderful! I was sitting way more comfortably. The twitch went away. The first few days the burning was more than usual but I persevered and the pain has mostly gone away. I am going to stick to it. Maybe this is it, maybe not, but I know you are suffering and wanted to post something that is working for me even a little whether I'm sure or not it's a full cure.

Keep on hoping! Love you all fellow sufferers, and thank you so much for whoever posted that myofascial tip. It may not even be on this forum.
Thaler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote