View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS Over a Year Later

Have had PCS since early Aug, 2013. Although my symptoms have improved significantly, I still deal with lingering annoyances from the trauma my head was subjected to.

I am now able to function at a capacity of being on the computer for prolonged periods (greater than a couple of hours), with minor symptoms. The main being dizziness and vision issues, at which point I stop and rest.

I have undergone 10+ months of physio on my moderate to severe whiplash and has helped somewhat. At this stage I have been off of work on disability for quite a while and my social life has dissipated to a level in which I feel like a closed off hermit and actually have social anxiety to a point now. I don't relate, or socialize with people as well anymore and often come off as miserable and somewhat hostile.

The main symptoms preventing me from working are still dizziness (usually provoked by artificial lighting, or background noises. Stress amplify this), newly acquired anxiety when symptoms "flare up" (racing heart, feeling of dying - fight or flight), tinnitus and general brain fog approx 60% of the time.

I am still highly irritable and quick to snap. I fear that this will one day get me in to a bad situation and potential for re injury. I have to get my emotions under control and not be a raging lunatic. Anyone seek counseling/physiologist for this? Any luck? I would like to avoid prescription medications, if possible as I am prone to bad side effects and generally don't like to put synthetic chemicals in to my body, unless 100% required.

Anyway. I'm hoping to continually make progress. This has been an incredibly long journey and I still have quite a bit of healing time ahead of me. I was always a contact sports person growing up and never thought that a concussion could be this life altering. Much more research and education needs to go in to the severity of concussion, sport and general well-being. My life has completely halted for over a year now and I'm still relatively young. I know that other members have been impacted for far longer and my greatest fear now is re injury.
randomguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote