Thread: Shoes
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I like slip on shoes too. But, for some reason since I was dx I have a hard time with closed heel shoes. It's a sensory thing and I can't wait to get the shoe off. Sneakers are the worst. I mostly wear mule/clog type shoes. The ballet flats and boots that I kept were the ones that don't do that to me. I have never been able to figure out why these shoes work for me but most others don't. I also can't wear anything too tight. It's like my foot is claustraphobic too and freaks out when a shoe is tight. I don't mean tight as in to small but tight as in a closer fit. If that makes sense.

I gave my shoes to a neighbor who could really use them. She was thrilled to have all my pretty shoes, especially my heeled boots and maroon colored pumps. It's sad to let them go but it makes me feel good that someone else really appreciates them and needed them. It was a big step for me. Trust me. I had 40 something pairs of shoes and I held on to them in hopes that I would be able to wear them again.

I know a lot of people who love the type of shoes you got. Toms and Bobs are very popular right now. DD's both have shoes in that style, just not Toms or Bobs. They love them. I have yet to try a pair on to see if I would like them or not. I found a pair of flat espadrilles that I loved at JCP about a year ago. They were really comfortable. I didn't have the money to spend on them though. May be now that my rent is lower I can work a pair in to my budget somehow.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (09-09-2014), DejaVu (11-11-2015), Kitty (09-05-2014), LoveCats (09-06-2014), SallyC (09-05-2014)