View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 03:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Lyrica withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
HI Mckenzie , I think you and I have been down the same road. I recognise everything you have written. About 2 weeks off Lyrica and it's all hell is kicking off .Extreme muscle spasms all over but mostly head neck and upper back. Joints very painful in knees and hands . tinnitus gone crazy today. Just want a bit of peace. Saw Doc yesterday . He does not believe that Lyrica could do this so he thinks it must be something else. Done blood tests and wants me to go on duluxetine but I'm not having it. Already got valium which I take only 2 mgs bur even scared of that. I suppose I'm just scared now and don't trust any of those docs. If Im right you've been here . How are you doing ?

Regards

Nick
Hi Nick, yes it is a side effect of Lyrica withdrawal. I am about 40 days off Lyrica now but I still never know how my day will pan out. I still get so much pain everywhere. Sometimes when I brush my longish hair it makes me want to cry. My main problem is the pain in all my joints. It is worse than the nerve pain I was in that led me to take this drug. It is so bad I cannot walk or stand for very long. Some days are better than others and when I get down I try to look at where I have come from. I congratulate myself and am proud of my body for doing its best to try to recover. I believe any drug that acts on the GABA receptors and neurotransmitters may help with the symptoms. But you are only going backwards and not truly helping your body. But do what you have to to get through this difficult time. I admit I have a scotch sometimes but although it helps in the short term I am sure it is not good for me. McKenzie
McKenzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Johnsonsyard (09-08-2014)